Love Me Madly is not a book about bad dates; nor is it a tale of grief and woe about a two-year trauma Resa suffered in a small, drug-infused, North Carolina mill town in 1982. Mostly, it is about the slow, painful progress she made toward realizing how those events during her teenage years impacted how she related to men as a result. She covers her failed marriage, debilitating migraines and a slew of faulty suitors and dating disasters ranging from frightening to hilarious. Through close relationships with her children, conversion to Judaism, intense therapy, her saving grace, Alanon, and too many kayaking trips to count, she became a successful writer and editor and a woman who is finally healthy, confident and content with herself and her life.
Published by Moonshine Cove Publishing, LLC
Book Launch Event
The Love Me Madly: A Memoir Book Launch took place on August 27, 2015, drew more than 30 people, raised more than $100 in cash, plus donations for Safe Alliance and SOLD OUT of books! Yay! Thanks so much to everyone who attended for their generous time and support.
Love Me Madly Excerpts
Here is an excerpt from Resa's book, Love Me Madly: A Memoir.
The kiss was definitely imminent.
I was on my first home-based date with Dylan, A.K.A. Airplane Man: A steaming hot late July afternoon at a local restaurant. Patio couch. Two hours of vacation talk and a couple glasses of wine later, he began inching towards me. I could see his lips moving, saying something about Sevilla, but all I could think about was how his lips would feel on mine. Not talking. This was a HOT date.
For most people, the date would have ended up in bed, but because I'm not very proficient at casual sex, I kept him at bay. I let him know: just kissing, ok?
He called me again, asked me out on Tuesdays for Saturdays, and took me on respectable dates, going to nice restaurants and shows. The chemistry was definitely there, but the momentum was slowing down for me, due to his lack of communication between dates. Yes, he was busy weeknights playing in a volleyball league, organizing poker nights and taking guitar lessons, all punctuated by a trip to places like Peru or India. But seriously, how long does it take to shoot off a "Hello – thinking about you" text?
I finally gathered that Dylan did not want a girlfriend. He was just hoping for a good Saturday night sex date. And suddenly it seemed we had nothing in common at all. He sprinted away, just another guy whose indubitable agent of communication is the one between his legs. Disappointing, sure. And of course, had things worked out between us, telling my friends that we met on an airplane on our way overseas would have held a certain cache.
But then, every day can't be a vacation.
Check back soon to read another excerpt.
- All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- Aquarium by David Vann
- A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick
- At the Water's Edge by Sara Gruen
- Bel Canto by Ann Patchett
- East of Eden by John Steinbeck
- Euphoria by Lily King
- Gold by Chris Cleave
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- Into Thin Air by John Krakaeur
- Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides
- The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
- Strip Tease by Carl Hiaasen
- The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
- The Heart of the Matter by Graham Greene
- The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- The Red Tent by Anita Diamant
- The Tattooed Girl by Joyce Carol Oates
- Wicked by Gregory Maguire
Resa's Sample Works
- Make Email Marketing Magic AND Blow Your ROI Through the Roof (Laire Group Marketing - 2016)
- We Dig Responsive Web Design (Laire Group Marketing - 2016)
- Nine for iOS9 - Oct. 2015 (SeedSpark)
- On the Road Again - Oct. 2014 (Scott Clark Toyota Newsletter)
- On the Road Again - Aug. 2014 (Scott Clark Toyota Newsletter)
- On the Road Again - July 2014 (Scott Clark Toyota Newsletter)
- On the Road Again - May 2014 (Scott Clark Toyota Newsletter)
- A New Generation of Mompreneurs (Charlotte Parent - Sept. 2014)
- Gorillas... In the Midst of NC (My School Rocks Magazine - Aug 2013)
- Commercial Vehicle Leasing Report - 2012 (PDF)
- Sample Works (PDF)